Answered By: LITS Research & Instructional Design
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018     Views: 19

You may borrow DVDs and VHS tapes from Burke Library to show in class. If the title you need is checked out, we will recall it for you and ask the borrower to return it to the library within 24 hours. The library also owns a collection of 16mm films and laserdiscs. It's always best to place a hold on any film you plan to show by contacting the library's circulation department (x4479) at least two weeks in advance of a screening.

Contact Abbi Tushingham ( or x4120) in audiovisual services for assistance showing films. If you are unfamiliar with the DVD or VHS playback equipment in your classroom, you may schedule a brief personal training session. Audiovisual Services will provide a projectionist if the media item is a 16mm film or another unusual format.

Most materials owned by the library are licensed for personal and classroom use only. If you intend to show a film to a wider audience, you will need to contact the Audiovisual Services Department to purchase a public performance license at least two weeks in advance of the proposed screening. See the "Film Screening in Class" section of the Audiovisual Services web page for more information.